Sunday, January 19, 2014

Birdhouse decor

Being indoors for the winter can sometimes be a good thing.  For one, I am forcing myself to get to some of the little pieces for projects that are causing some clutter in my work space.  This birdhouse and candle stand was one of those things. (This will help me make room for all the fabulous garage sale finds in a few months ;)

Some one had painted this one really cute, but it had a name on the back that wouldn't easily be covered.  Besides, I wanted a different look.
I painted it white.  I was going to see about adding some detail to it with appliques or metal pieces, but couldn't find any that would fit it's odd shape.
Then I remembered I had these neat rub on transfers I found at Goodwill.  You can never go wrong with black and white, right?
I glued it on this neat candle stand using E6000.

I want to leave you with a sneak peak of what I am working on right now.  It will be keeping me busy for a while, but I can't wait to show it to you when it is all done.

Have a great day!

Sharing with:



That DIY Party
big inspiration mondayThree Mango Seeds
Boogieboard Cottage..Twigg studiosSweet Sharing Monday Link Party

Making the World CuterGive Me the Goods Monday
One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLPhotobucketJoin Me on Tuesday for

4 comments: