Sunday, December 15, 2013

Door stop angel

I have a few door stops I made a while back.  To my surprise, they didn't sell as well as I thought they would.  At my last craft show, one of the customers walked up to me and said "I am surprised you don't make these into angels."
So here's for you, whoever you are.


I had some shelf brackets lying around that I attached using screws.

I used a small piece of leftover trim to cover the mounting hardware on the brackets.

 White paint with a cover of Organza shimmer adds a touch of glow to this angel.


I am still debating whether or not it needs something more.  Some rusty embellishments, a halo.  What are your thoughts?

Sharing with:
..Twigg studios
Boogieboard Cottage
mad skills buttonSweet Sharing Monday Link PartyGive Me the Goods Monday
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! I looked at it and thought, "What a great idea - a cool doorstop!" Much better than a rock. I think the brackets need to be up higher, right beneath the "head," to look more like wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool door stop. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative!! I'm pinning this one to our board! Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase! The party starts at 5 this Saturday! Hope to see ya there!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete