Sunday, December 1, 2013

Angel coat rack

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  You may have noticed I took the rest of the week off last week to be with family.  Now it's time to get back to busy.

I wanted to try a different graphic than some of the French Typography and the scroll that I recently did.  I opted for an angel for this coat rack that I found over the summer while garage salin'.


You will have to picture this with some country kitchen things painted on it.  While painting a few other items, with my paint brush in hand, I looked around for something else to paint.  Well, you know how it goes...you just get right to painting and forget about the before picture.  This isn't the first time it has happened and I know it won't be the last.
I painted a few more coats after this one, then found an awesome angel graphic from The Graphics Fairy

After it was all painted, I began spreading mod podge where the graphic would go.
I used the same method as before...spread glue on a piece of paper and let it dry.  Then you print onto the paper and mod podge it onto where you want the graphic.
WAIT 24 HOURS

After 24 hours, wet the paper.  I usually wet a washcloth and let it sit on the paper for a few minutes.  When the graphic starts showing through, peel the paper off.

Then you are left with a beautiful graphic!


I just love graphics!

I was featured:
I Brought The Goods Monday

Sharing with:
NEWDIYBUTTONThree Mango Seeds



DIY Show Off

mad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[2]Boogieboard Cottage..Twigg studios
Give Me the Goods MondaySweet Sharing Monday Link PartyMaking the World Cuter
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Sara! That is so chic! Thanks for the tips on the transfer method, it looks really successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've used modge podge to transfer graphics before but not in the way you're doing it. I must try this as you seem to get a much better transfer this way. I'm so glad I saw you over at the Three Mango Seeds Party - thanks for the tutorial!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this transfer method before either, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tute. your coat rack looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been featured on Sunday Features {Give Me The Goods}! You'll also be on my FB page this morning ;)
    Hugs,
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to transfer, new to me. Pinned.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had no idea images could be transferred that way, you make it look so easy. Just a damp washcloth or really wet? I'm very new at transferring so would love this way. Great tutorial. Love your little rack, the image you used is perfect. Will try transferring on my newly painted carrier. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete