Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Update a kitchen with a wallpaper backsplash

I have lived in this house for 5 years now.  I am shocked it has gone by so fast and I still didn't have a back splash in my kitchen.  To be honest, the tile back splash I would love is just out of the budget so I opted for washable wallpaper.

Here is a pic of my bare kitchen.  It does look bare without a back splash.


See what I mean.  It needs something!  Actually it needs a lot of somethings, but right now a back splash would be splendid.
I searched a while for the right paper, then I stumbled across this and instantly fell in love.  It has an old vintage tin tile look, it's washable, and pre-pasted. I needed a double roll for the size of my kitchen. 
The first piece went up easily and without a hitch.  The next trick was to find the section to match up.  That was the hardest part, and it wasn't even that hard, just a little daunting.  The hanging of the wallpaper was easy.


The back splash adds a little something, don't you think?

I love the look.
Next step will be painting the cabinets....definitely!

Sharing with:

The DIY Dreamerblog buttons-003
Ashley's Dandelion WishesHomemade-By-You
Savvy Southern Style
Family Home and Life

3 comments: