Sunday, November 24, 2013

The best sweet potatoes...Ever!

I love sweet potatoes,  there are so many ways to eat them, but I want to share with you my favorite.  My sister introduced this recipe one Thanksgiving, and we have never went back.  This is a pampered chef recipe, but is slightly adapted.

You will need:

6 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 orange
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup fresh cranberries


The recipe calls for you to boil the sweet potatoes whole with skin on for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.  I however tried a new way.
Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.  This saves the step of having to peel them when they are super hot.  Try it both ways and see what you like.  When the sweet potatoes are done, place them in a dish.

Place brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a large microwave bowl.  Zest orange to measure 1 tsp zest.  Juice orange to measure 2 Tbsp juice.  Add to the bowl and microwave on high covered for 1 minute.
Preheat oven to 375

Slice apples into wedges and stir into the sugar mixture.  Microwave, covered, for 3 minutes.  Pour over sweet potatoes.  Bake 15 minutes.  Sprinkle cranberries on top, baste everything and bake 15-20 more minutes.  Baste before serving.

Isn't it so colorful and festive?  I love this recipe.  I hope you do too.  Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sharing with:
..Twigg studios
Three Mango Seeds
It's Time for a Block Party! Link up at one of these great blogs and be seen on all four! Making the World Cuter, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Rae Gun Ramblings and Keeping it Simplemad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[1]Boogieboard CottageSweetSharingMondayGive Me the Goods Monday

2 comments:

  1. This looks like something I would really enjoy. I love sweet potatoes, GS apple & fresh cranberries. I will definitely be trying this out soon - maybe for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I bet they were tasty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete