Thursday, November 21, 2013

Antique style chalkboard

Yet another chalkboard made from a cabinet door.  This one is different from any I have done before.  It starts off with a larger door, probably from an entertainment center.  Check out what I did to make it different!

Here is the door with all hardware removed.
I picked out a stencil...
I smeared some Glacage over the stencil...

I repeated the stencil on the flip side and connected the two in the middle by hand.
While that was drying, I painted the chalkboard section .
I chose the color Liberty by American Paint Company.  Such a pretty pale green.
Here she is after some light distressing and some dark antiquing wax.
Here is a close up of the detail.

Sharing with:

Embracing Change HGTbtngreyPhotobucket
The Pink Momma
Tickled Pink at 504 Main photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment