Friday, October 4, 2013

Wheat grass waterfall dresser

That's right, wheat grass! Have you ever heard of such a color?  Well, Sherwin Williams makes it and I painted with it.  This waterfall dresser was in pretty rough shape.  The drawers weren't sliding nicely and the paint was chipping. 

I received this one from my sister.  After I painted the colorful dresser for her, she sent me this one in exchange.  Lucky me, I get to strip another dresser!  At least this one doesn't have as many grooves as the last waterfall dresser I painted.

Once I stripped the paint, cleaned and sanded it, I primed the whole thing.
Here is a look at the so called wheat grass paint.  It is a subtle yellow.  Very nice.

I stenciled around all of the drawer pull holes with white paint.

I thought about adding some bun feet, but decided against it in case someone wanted to use this for a changing table for a nursery.

In order to get the drawers working better, I sanded the bottoms and the slides inside the dresser.  I then waxed them to help them slide smooth.  Feel free to use an old candle, or bar of soap even if that is what you have.
With a little bit of distressing to show some white underneath, It is all set.

How do you like the color?

Sharing with:

FFFHappy Hour Friday ButtonThe Shabby Nest2013 Shab Friday logo
Rooted In Thyme
Truly Lovely
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the color... something close to what I want to paint my walls in my master bedroom. Nice stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous transformation!! Thanks for sharing on Tickled Pink Times Two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this makeover and the placement of the stencil! I found you over at the Tickled Pink Times Two Party.
    ~Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete