Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Skirted vanity stool

One ordinary vanity stool becomes an elegant accessory by recovering it then adding tulle. This vintage stool is a pretty neat thing.  It swivels and is sturdy, but needs a new cover.

 It has a hole in the top of the vinyl.
I could have recovered the stool similar to the style shown, but I wanted something fit for a princess for some reason.  A little shabby chic, if you know what I mean.
I flipped it over to take the top off then began the process of removing the tacks and the current fabric.
I covered the seat with a simple pink fabric.  I wasn't worried about all the pleats and puckers, because I am going to skirt it and sass it up.
I attached some satin ribbon and some fabric flowers onto the stool using hot glue just at the top so the chair could still swivel and the bottom of the ribbon could cover the top of the skirt.
I hot glued folds in the skirting and I was done!


I think I may head back to the store and pick up some more tulle.  Wouldn't you?

Sharing with:
Homemade By You
The DIY Dreamer
blog buttons-003Ashley's Dandelion WishesBLOG TITLE
Family Home and Life
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party ButtonEmbracing Change livelaughlinky 250x250

3 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out. You can never have too much tulle! Definitely fit for a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks marvelous now - beautifully done! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete