Yet another chair makeover. I told you before, I love chairs so when I find one that needs some love, I can't resist! This one was found already stripped down and ready for a new cover. Thank You!!!! Whoever took out the million tacks and staples, my hand appreciate it!
I pulled out lots of fabric possibilities and settled on a grey and white damask. It will be simple, neutral and elegant.
I primed it and painted it white. Then to make those details pop, I glazed over them with a grey glaze.
A little closeup for you :)
Some jute webbing was used to support the back of the chair since it was just a gaping hole.
Remember to fold over the end and staple to tack it down again. This will hold it better and longer.
After doing the webbing across the back I covered it with some burlap.
Then came the foam...
and the batting.
As always I covered the seat first, then the front of the chair. Lastly came the back. You can see in this photo there is also burlap on the back of the chair. There are lots of options for securing the back on. Lots of times I cardboard tack the top then stitch the sides. In this case I tacked the top then used some nail heads to secure the back on.
She's all done and I love how it turned out.
I wish I knew what the chair originally looked like, but...