Sunday, October 6, 2013

Loving the gold! Footstool update

I don't know what it is lately that has me thinking about Gold.  Yes, gold shiny furniture.  I have used it quite often lately and am loving the results.  I found this footstool and just loved the legs.  In my vision I was painting them gold.  Luckily I had the perfect fabric.

I stripped the fabric and the foam/batting from this footstool.  It needed a fresh start.
See the cute little feet?
Here it is all stripped down and ready for a new life.
I flipped it over and painted the feet Gold.
I prepared some buttons for tufting with the fabric of choice.  I wanted a different look than the layered top the footstool originally had.  I then laid out the fabric, with batting and 2 layers of foam on top.  I placed the foot stool on top and began tufting.
Using a large tufting needle, I pulled the button strings through.  In this case, there was nothing to tack or staple the strings to, so you simply tie the string around some scrap foam to hold them in place.
Next step was to secure the fabric to the frame on the bottom pulling snugly.
Once flipped over, here is my end result.  I did secure the corners by hand stitching them.
If you like deeper tufts, you simply cut holes in the foam so the buttons can be pulled deeper.


This is a much different style than the original foot stool. But I am loving it.

Have you done anything in gold lately?

Featured at:



Sharing with:
DIY blog Classy ClutterMonday2 Make the Scene Monday # 95
DIY Show OffMonday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.netThree Mango Seeds

..Twigg studios:partymad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[1]Sweet Sharing Monday Link PartyGive Me the Goods Monday
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That is one charming footstool. Love the accent of gold on the legs. Thank you for showing how to get the tufting look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this much more! You did a great job. I too love the little feet and GOLD! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing with Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete