Friday, October 11, 2013

Going black- 2 unique tables

I am trying to get my garage cleaned out to prep for the frosty mornings that will be approaching faster than I would like.  Instead of doing all the fun fall crafts I have been seeing, I have been trying to finish a few larger things in my garage.  These 2 tables are some of those items.

I found this pretty table base at a garage sale and it sat almost all summer waiting for a top.  I finally found one at an estate sale and married the two together.  It was very easy.  Just add screws!
After priming, painting, and coating the top with some poly, this table is good to go!

This next table is a bit more extensive.  These pieces came off an oblong dining table top.  I used part of the table top to replace a dresser top.  These are going to become the legs on a new sofa table.
With some wood glue and some screws, I attached them to a large cabinet door.
I also used some scrap wood to stabilize the legs.
I sanded primed and painted it black.

What have you built lately?

Featured at:

Tickled Pink Times Two Party No.10 with Halloween Features and More!



Sharing with:
Craft Dictator
The Shabby Nest
Rooted In Thyme

2 comments:

  1. What fun tables! I love that you put them together and made something cool from parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happily featuring your "door" table on Tickled Pink Times Two tomorrow, Oct 17th. I hope to see you there that evening :)

    ReplyDelete