Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Halloween Bats

Like most kids, my kids love Halloween.  I am a little lacking in the Halloween decor so I decided to make some more.  My son thinks bats are cool and I have the perfect place to put a few.

I am going to show you how to make these flying bats today.  The best thing about these bats is that they can be made by things you probably already have on hand.
They are super easy and I have a no sew version to make them even easier.

You will need an old black T shirt or some black scrap fabric.
As many hangers as you want bats.
Fishing line and safety pins.
Needle and thread/sewing machine, OR a hot glue gun

I randomly drew a bat shape with chalk onto the fabric.
I bent the hanger to somewhat match the shape of my bat.
I cut them out making 2 to be sewn or glued together.  I quickly stitched them together leaving an opening to fit the hanger into.

After slipping the hanger inside, I finished stitching up the bat.
Decide where you want to hang the bats and cut a piece of fishing line long enough to have room to attach the ends and have some sway to it.
I simply tied the fishing line onto the Christmas light clips and clipped it onto the gutters on both sides of my porch.

Simple yet fun Halloween bats for your decorations!

Sharing with:
Tickled Pink Times Two Party No.10 with Halloween Features and More!Happy Hour Friday Button
The Pink Momma
The Shabby Nest photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png
Rooted In Thyme  http://www.becomingmartha.com  
Craft Dictator
DIY Vintage Chic

2 comments:

  1. Love these! Very clever using the hanger! I was looking for a bat project :)

    ReplyDelete