Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chalkboard frame from a chair

I am about to show you a roadkill rescue that my mom got for me. Thanks mom! This old garden rocking chair had seen better days.  The rockers were broken off and this chair has aged from being out in the elements.

I really didn't want a garden chair so I brainstormed to see what I could use it for.
The back of this chair was so cool with all the little spindles and knobs, I decided to use it to frame a chalkboard.  I cut off the arms so I could get better access to the pins that held them on.  I used my hack saw to bite into the pins then broke them off.
Then this is what it looked like after all the extra parts were cut off.
Next I cut a piece of scrap 1/4" plywood to paint some chalkboard paint onto.
I also painted the frame by dry brushing some white onto it.
I nailed the chalkboard into the frame.


I think it is very unique- a chalk board from a chair.  What would you have done with this piece?

Featured at:


Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
sharing with:

The DIY DreamerHomemade By You

PhotobucketEmbracing Change
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
livelaughlinky 250x250Link party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comHGTbtngrey

2 comments:

  1. Yesss!!! Awesome! I have a couple of chair backs waiting for this makeover.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the back of the chair - it makes a marvelous frame! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete