Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chair recovered with a sack

What I am about to show you is no idea of mine.  It isn't even a difficult makeover, but I love the end result!  This black chair was found at a garage sale...for $1!  Love that price!

It desperately needed a new seat and to be cleaned up.  After cleaning it, I decided to keep the original paint job.  I love how it is aged and chippy bu still very sturdy.
I took the seat off and found some plywood to cut out a seat.
I cut out some foam and chose a sack I bought earlier in the garage sale season.
Isn't it cool?  The other side of the bag has some writing on it as well.  When I picked up this bag, I also bought 2 other bank bags the same size.  I haven't figured out what to do with those yet, so if you have any ideas,  I would love to hear them.
I cut out a section of the sack containing the graphics.  I then began to staple the fabric to the seat stapling once on each side in the center as shown above.  

I worked my way around doing a few on each side at a time.  This is how I stapled the rounded edge.  Pull tight then make a small fold then secure it with a staple.
I attached the seat using some screws.  I went through the existing holes on the seat through the bottom.
It looks like the seat has always been this way.
Have you used a sack for anything?

Sharing with:
Homemade By Youblog buttons-003BLOG TITLE
The DIY DreamerEmbracing Change



Lovely Ladies LinkyHGTbtngreyFFF

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've recently bought two French style rattan back chairs that need to be re-upholstered. Too am looking for grain sack. I was wondering what did you pay for yours? On eBay they're really expensive! Your chair looks fab! Job well done. My best, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! For $1 you've made this look like a million! love it! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I've been blog stalking this morning and I really love all of your ideas! This chair came out awesome! And I love yor garage sale finds--you do such a great job transforming them!

    ReplyDelete