Sunday, October 20, 2013

Broken doll crib gets new life

I have had this broken crib in my basement for over a year.  I know!  I hated seeing it every time I walked by, but I couldn't part with it.  I knew I could make it into something.  Then I had a "duh" moment.  I make cribs and beds into benches, why not make this one into a doll bench?

I took it apart...

I cut one of the side rails and cut the foot board area in half.
 These are the parts I kept to use.

I attached the new sides using screws and wood glue.
I used the cut side rail to create support for the front of the seat.   The old bottom of the bed became the new seat.
I found some scrap foam (never know when you will need a small piece!) and covered it with the fabric of my daughters choice.  For this cushion, you could sew it, but I just used my hot glue gun.


A perfect fit!


Featured at:

Photobucket
Sharing with:
http://www.classyclutter.net Monday2 Make the Scene Monday # 97
DIY Show OffMonday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.netBoogieboard Cottage
..Twigg studiosScattered Thoughts of a Crafty MomThree Mango Seeds
Sweet Sharing Monday Link Party
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Great idea - love that you didn't toss it out and made something else useful with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I love "trash" transformed in sth useful! weel done!
    kiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Any little girl would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so great! I'm hosting a fall wreath giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-fall-wreath-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable - a miniature version of the cribs transformed to beds you see all over Pinterest! I found this pretty little bench over at the Inspiration Monday party.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete