Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1 table into 3 projects; project 2

If you missed my Monday post, you might want to check it out.  I am showing you how I turned 1 table into 3 project.  Project 1 can be found here.  Today, project 2 is our focus.  A ruffle pouf.

I admit, this project is my "what was I thinking" project.  I say that not because it took a lot of skill, no certainly not.  I say that because it took A. Lot. Of. Time.
First I will show you where this part came from

The little circle in the top right corner is the piece I used for this project.
Just like Monday's project, I used the crib mattress foam, but this time I cut 2 circles.
I stacked the foam, covered it with batting then placed it on the fabric of choice.  I forgot to mention that I hot glued the foam together.  I don't like the spray- too many chemicals.  I find hot glue works well.
I stapled the fabric to the base.  I know, it doesn't look pretty, but not to worry, you won't see all those pleats and puckers when I'm finished.  I promise.
I cut a million circle out of the same fabric.  Ok, well maybe not that many, but I had to cut circles 4 different times since I kept running out.
To keep my circles from fraying, I burned the edges.  I know, I said I was crazy!
I folded the circles 2x to look like this and hot glued them all onto the stool.  
Yes, I burned my hands a few times.
Worth it, definitely!
Don't you just love it?
To finish it off, I hot glued some felt to the base to make it pretty on the bottom.
I cannot tell you how many times I asked myself, "what were you thinking?" because it took a long time.  I am so glad I stuck with it, because I love this piece!


Featured at:


Wonderful at Home
Sharing with:

PhotobucketHomemade By Youblog buttons-003BLOG TITLE
The DIY Dreamer
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
Wonderful at HomeHGTbtngreyEmbracing Change
Savvy Southern Style

13 comments:

  1. Yes I do love it...wow you did a great Job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Stopping by from Wonderful at Home Blog Party! Love to have you visit me at scrumptilicious4you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Looks time consuming, but well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that looks like it took a LOT of time and effort! The end result is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Definitely pinning. Saw this on Google + this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty poof! The colored edges really make the whole thing pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have the patience to do this, I admire your perseverance! I made a wreath like that once and that was enough for me! It really looks amazing! I love the texture, and it looks quite classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do, I do love it!!! Very romantic and frou-frou!! Thanks for sharing! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - such detailed, beautiful, patient work! do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fabric do you estimate you used for this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, how long DID it take you? Because it's GORGEOUS and I want one!!

    ReplyDelete