Sunday, October 27, 2013

1 table into 3 projects; project 1


This week I am going to share with you 3 projects made from 1 table.  I picked up this table at a garage sale.  I thought it was unique, then I got to thinking about those gorgeous legs!

It would have been fun to paint it and use it as is, but what about that hole in the middle?  The only thing I can think of is that it was probably a lamp table at some point.  What do you think?
I took it apart easily just by removing a few screws.  Today I will show you what I made with the small table in the back left corner.
I thought it would make a cute tuffet/foot stool so I used an old crib mattress for the 3' thick foam.  (Nobody wants my old crib mattress do they?)
I traced circles and cut them out with a sharp serrated knife.
I began by stapling the fabric all around the bottom of the stool.
I flipped it over then place the batting covered foam on the stool.  I gathered the fabric with a needle and thread all around scrunching it tight.
I tucked the scrunched fabric into the hole I cut in the foam then threaded a large button to go over that.
I pulled the button through while pushing on the button so I could get it in nice and snug.  I secured it with a zig zag stapling so the string will not slip out.
I did place some hot glue under the button to help hold all in place.



Wait till you see what else I made with this 1 table!  Come back throughout the week and check it out!

sharing with:
spotlight saturday image:
DIY Show Off

party
Boogieboard Cottage..Twigg studiosMonday Funday Link partyMonday2 Make the scene Monday #98Sweet Sharing Monday Link Party
Making the World Cuter

64170_4719850152887_625893102_n
The DIY'ers

4 comments:

  1. I like it! good thinking outside the box ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Looking forward to seeing what else you make with this!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable!!! I love it!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete