Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Waterfall dresser in blue and white

Oh how I love a good curbside find, but this one left me wondering what I was thinking.  It had layers and layers and layers of paint.  It took 4 times to strip it and even then it wasn't completely clean.  The little grooves on this dresser had me scraping them out for hours.

This one definitely had to be stripped due to the fact that the last paint job was not properly done.  It was peeling off in places.
I am glad  I stuck with it and in the end I was happy that I worked so hard on it.

This is what the dresser looked like after I stripped it 2 times.  See all those different colors?  Purple. blue, black, yellow, green, even peach!
I painted the body of the dresser in duck egg blue chalk paint.  The drawers were dry brushed in a few places with the duck egg blue, then dry brushed over in white.
 I like the layered look on the drawers, it adds some interest.
I opted for simple drawer pulls that are nice and sleek.
Protected with a wipe on poly, this dresser will last a long time to come.

Sharing with:


FFF
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLPhotobucket64170_4719850152887_625893102_n
Homemade by You Wednesday with Katie
The DIY Dreamer
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes

1 comment:

  1. It turned out great! I have a dresser outside on my deck right now that I have been stripping, and stripping and.....ugh!

    ReplyDelete