Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Painting a bedroom set

My neighbor and friend has been talking about painting her bedroom set for the last 3 years.  It is a pine and she just hates the orange tones.

The set includes this armoire, a large (I mean L.A.R.G.E) dresser, and 2 night stands.  She also had me paint a mirror for the wall and a free standing mirror.
I removed all the hardware and sanded the finish a little.
I needed to use a primer with this piece since I was pretty sure that orange would leak through.
After the priming, I painted it then lightly distressed it and protected it with some wax for the tops and some polywhey for the body.
Here is the dresser all set up in her room.  Doesn't it look like something out of a pottery barn magazine?

Sharing with:


Wonderful at Home
blog buttons-003Homemade by You Wednesday with Katie


Family Home and Life

The DIY Dreamer
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
Embracing Change livelaughlinky 250x250FFFHGTbtngrey

11 comments:

  1. This difference is amazing! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! What a difference you have made, great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! What a difference you have made, great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strikingly beautiful transformation - great job! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday, Kathy -

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bedroom set with the same finish. I want to paint it white, but so afraid. Great job, looks like a completely new set. You are giving me inspiration to get started.

    ReplyDelete