Friday, September 6, 2013

Furry footstool

This vintage foot stool is in excellent condition, but needs a new style.  This is a very simple makeover that anyone can do.

Start with any footstool.

Flip it over onto a fabric of your choice. The fabric already on this stool is is great condition so I didn't even take it off.
Begin to staple at the center of each side and work your way around so all sides are stapled.  At the corners, pinch the fabric together and pull to one side of the legs and secure into place using a few staples.
Flip it over and enjoy!

You could take it one step further and paint the legs.  In this case I didn't since they were in great shape and the brown legs go just fine with the white fur.

Have a great weekend!

Featured at:

A Stylish Interior


Sharing with:
shine_on_friday
Happy Hour Friday Button

 photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.pngThe Shabby Nest2013 Shab Friday logo
Rooted In Thyme
PhotobucketbirdsonwireFrench Country Cottage
A Stylish Interior
DIY Vintage Chic

7 comments:

  1. Cool makeover! I love fuzzy furniture. BTW, I'm your neighbor over at Shabby Nest this week! Glad to meet you! ~ Ali from Pies & Puggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way cute! Please,please share the cuteness at my new link party, Stylish Friday Finds! My readers would love this easy tutorial!
    http://www.astylishinterior.com/2013/09/new-link-party-stylish-friday-finds.html
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Thanks for sharing at Happy Hour Friday! ~ Jill @ Mama Ging

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recovered stools this week too - but yours is waaaay cuter with fur!!! In fact, I just posted I want to cover a chair in fur this week too! We are on the same wavelength this week! LOL. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up, I love that furry stool...so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, how cute is this?? I LOVE it! Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done an exciting as well as an amazing job..!!
    Outstanding work..!!!Bedroom Furniture Online

    ReplyDelete