Monday, September 9, 2013

French wooden box

This awesome wooden cheese box was found at a "free sale" near me.  I knew I could make it something special with a little paint and some transfers.


I jumped the gun and began working on it before I took a photo of the before.  I wood glued a small section that needed to be secured.  I painted it, but I did not worry that I had full coverage.
Once it was all painted with chalk paint, I printed some awesome graphics from The Graphics Fairy.
One for a bakery, one cake, and then some labels she had for flour, sugar, etc.
I shaded in the back of the images then traced them onto the box.  Once I had the pencil mark, I filled it in with a sharpie.
This is how the top looked.
Here is an idea what the sides look like.
I took some dark antiquing wax from Maison Blanche Paint Company and paid special attention to the edges of the box, and smeared a little on the top and the sides.


As usual, thanks to The Graphics Fairy for making it so easy to prettify a project!

Sharing with:



DIY blog Classy ClutterMonday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.netMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #91
..Twigg studiospartySweet Sharing Monday Link Party
The DIY'ers />
{nifty button} Boogieboard CottageThree Mango Seeds

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful box! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete