Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fixing another chair to be glamorous

Yes, I love me some chairs!  I have been finding them everywhere lately.  I love this style and thought it would work perfectly with my Hollywood desk.

As you can see, this chair doesn't come without problems.  The top of the back is broken off and it is a little tricky to fix it.

I drilled some holes to glue a dowel into.  If you look closely you can see that this is how the chair was originally held together.  This is the tricky part.  You have to drill the holes into the top piece at the right spot and right angle for it to fit properly.  Well, I didn't do it perfect, but came pretty close.

I filled any gaps with wood filler 
 then lightly sanded and began painting.
I chose a creamy white then hemmed and hawed about the fabric choice.
What would go with the pretty blue desk?

White on white always works.
I added some gold accents on the chair to tie into the desk.
Here is a close up shot.  You can't really even tell it was broken, can you?

I am so glad I found this chair, because I love it!


Featured at:

 photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png


Sharing with:
Embracing Change livelaughlinky 250x250
Link party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comHGTbtngrey
thursday favorite things blog hopMMJ Buttonshine_on_friday2013 Shab Friday logo
Tickled Pink at 504 Main
 photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png Truly Lovely
Rooted In Thyme

8 comments:

  1. Chair looks gorgeous! You would never know it was broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chair and striped fabric! Pinned:) Friended you on g+ I have two road side chair rescues to refinish, one with some wood missing, and your projects has inspired me to get started:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done. Please come show off your creativity at Frenzy Friday.
    We are at http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/09/craft-frenzy-friday-5.html I will not be a party without you!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new chair is fantastic. I love the unique arms and how you have refinished the whole chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous chair! Love the detail on the top! You did a wonderful job transforming it!
    I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring your chair on Stylish Friday Finds! Stop by on Friday and grab a feature button!
    Karen
    http://www.astylishinterior.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. Oh. Oh. This is so beautiful. I hope I find one someday so I can make it awesome like yours is!!!!

    ReplyDelete