Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Updating a chair with upholstery

This was a steal of a chair I got from garage sale.  It was in solid shape except for the fabric.

Here it doesn't look so bad.
Upon closer inspection, you have cat claw marks...
and some staining.
I ripped it apart in phases over 3 days.  Lots, I mean lots of staples to pull.  
I upholstered it the reverse of how it came apart.  
1. the seat
2. the arms
3. the front of the back
4. the back
5. piping
6. the bottom
This fabric was found at a garage sale.  The lady said she paid $100 per yard and I got it for .50 per yard.  A steal of a deal!  It was just enough to cover this chair.


Sharing with:

blog buttons-003Photobucket http://www.astrollthrulife.net
The DIY Dreamer
HookingupwithHoH
Ivy and Elephants
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
Craft Dictator

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a fabulous job and I love the fabric. Such a lovely chair. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Good job! You are a braver woman than me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sara,

    What a beautiful job!
    I have wanted to learn
    to upholster for a long
    time now. Guess I should
    just dive in!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice....you are talented! NeeCee at Pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an awesome transformation Sara! I love it! Would love for you to link up at our new mega-party Work it Wednesday if you haven't already. Each link will be shown on 4 blogs! Work it Wednesday

    - Krista @ the happy housie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara youve totally taken trash to treasure here!You really did this chair some justice:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that is very nice fabric and great deal! You did such a beautiful job. I have the same kind of chair only the cushion is separate that I got from the auction. I think I will try reupholster myself since it's so expensive to have it done by a pro.

    Best,
    marlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love what you have done. Please come share it with us at http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/09/craft-frenzy-friday-3.html Craft Frenzy Friday! The party starts Thursday to 7pm cst. I won't be a party without you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that fabric. The before picture reminds me of these bright orange chairs we had we I was a kid (shhh... I think my mom still has them). Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/09/fridays-five-features-no-7.html

    ReplyDelete