Friday, August 23, 2013

Scraps to potting bench

I have seen so many awesome potting benches lately.  It got me thinking I should make one, especially since I can't always seem to find what I am looking for.  It doesn't help that my garage is stacked with projects to finish before winter.  That makes it difficult to even get to some supplies.  Anyone else with me?
I took some scraps and discarded pieces I had and turned them into a potting bench.

I replaced the screen with chicken wire on this old screen frame.  Some shelf brackets were added.
The base was built with an old drawer turned upside down and some baluster spindles cut to make legs.
I put the two together, added a shelf and some detail to make it fun.


Not a huge bench, but enough space to keep all my supplies.  I may add a shelf to the bottom when I find the right materials.


Sharing with:
Photobucket
Happy Hour ProjectsThe Shabby Nest shine_on_friday Tickled Pink at 504 Main
Rooted In Thyme
Truly Lovely
 photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png
DIY Vintage Chic

6 comments:

  1. That would be so nice, no back breaking potting. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I love your potting bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so jealous. I want one. I just need to pull all my scraps together and make it... I'll add it to my list. Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic’s Friday’s Five Features and Fun Festivities. Don’t forget to stop back by this Friday!

      Delete
  4. Wow I'm so impressed...regularly I might add, at your creativity and engenuity! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a place to PUT a potting bench... :)
    great job with your scraps!

    gail

    ReplyDelete