Monday, August 5, 2013

Plant stand- from champagne to white

It's no secret I love white.  There is just something about things in white.  It is so crisp and it can go anywhere!  Today, let's paint a metal plant stand.

This adorable plant stand was screaming take me home at my garage sale runs last week.  I mean, could you have resisted those curvy lines and adorable finial?
After a good cleaning I used Rustoleum's paint and primer in one to paint it white.
I felt it still needed something.  Maybe a little too crisp?
I used a very small amount of La Craie to dry brush some areas of the plant stand to add some rustic appeal.
What do you think?  It's no secret plants are very good for our environment inside and out.  I like keeping plants in the house to help freshen the air.

Now that I have a place for my house plants, I need more.  In this photo are aloe and Christmas cactus. 
What is your favorite house plant and why?

Sharing with:
DIY blog Classy Clutter

Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #86 AND Cardstore Review


Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple
Sweet Anne Designs
Boogieboard Cottage
Three Mango Seeds


6 comments:

  1. This looks awesome!!! I would love it if you would link up at our first linky party this Wednesday :
    http://thekoenigscreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. I've got some wiry things I need to spray also. Just have to get with it, huh? Come over and share .. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/08/what-to-do-weekends-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I recently used Rust Oleum to spruce up a wicker planter on my front porch and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning my first fall garden and this was just the thing I needed to get me started!
    weed

    ReplyDelete