Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Painting odds and ends

There have been so many little things I have been doing along with the big projects that have been seen here lately.  I thought I would share with you a few little projects that have gotten done.  Just a little paint and thinking outside the box.

I started with 2 of these wooden frames I found at a garage sale, they were brand new from Ikea.  Using mod podge to add this paper, I created a new frame.  A few fabric flowers added am extra touch.

  The next one, I painted with some white chalk paint then drew out a chevron pattern.
I filled in the chevron with a pretty blue, but I'm not done yet!
I painted some small rope trim with a bright coral.

I used wood glue to place them around the mirror.
Next, using the same blue and white paint as I did above, I gave a salt and pepper shaker a makeover.
My original plan was to paint them all blue, but after I started painting the bottom detail, I decided to go 2 tone.
Just simple makeovers to add pops of color.

Sharing with:

Homemade by You Wednesday with Katieblog buttons-003
The DIY Dreamer
The DIY'ers />

Ivy and Elephants
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes

1 comment:

  1. I love both projects. How fun. Never thought to paint the salt and pepper. Fabulous idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete