Friday, August 30, 2013

Lego desk

Ever step on a lego?  If not consider yourself lucky!  It hurts!  My son always has different piles of legos throughout his room depending on what he is working on.  I aim to remedy that with a lego desk for him.  I am sharing how I turned a sewing desk into a lego desk.

I received this sewing desk from a craigslist ad in the freebie section.  If you have never checked out the free section, I recommend it. 
I primed it then painted the body black to match his room.  I took out the top of the sewing machine section.  It took a bit of searching, but I found a box that fits into that space to hold the legos. If need be, you can build a lower lip from underneath the cabinet to make the hole smaller.
Now all the legos can be in the box and in the drawers and lot on the floor.  He has space to the left to build and can easily dig through to find what he needs.


Now to find a chair.

Featured at:

The Shabby Nest
Sharing with:

PhotobucketFFFshine_on_fridayTickled Pink at 504 MainHappy Hour Friday Button2013 Shab Friday logo
The Shabby Nest
 photo grabbutton1_zps655117c3.png
Truly Lovely
Rooted In Thyme
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Nice and organized! Pinned! If you have time, I'd love it if you would link this to Family Fun Friday - we have over 100 bloggers and 600 readers every week. :-) Thanks so much! Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great Revamp and Re-purpose! Thanks for linking up to Frugalicious Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the free section of Craigslist. Freecycle.org is another great place for freebies. Great find on the desk! Bet those drawers will help control the lego chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! So smart!
    Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two! I can't wait to see what else you share!
    Make it a great week!

    ReplyDelete