Monday, August 12, 2013

French typography trays

I love the french furniture and accessories.  When I found these trays I wanted to make them french just like the large french tray I did not too long ago since they are miniature versions of that tray.

I used white chalk paint to paint these.

I then printed 4 different french graphics from The Graphics Fairy.  I used the freezer paper method.  You print them onto freezer paper then press and rub with a spoon onto the surface you are transferring to.  
I like the faded image that appears.  It adds to the aged effect.
To add a little more age and interest, I lightly dabbed a small paint brush into some dark wax then lightly brushed it around the tray.
I brushed it on just in a few places, then rubbed the wax.

I waxed them with clear wax after, then buffed them to finish it up.






Have a happy day!

Sharing with:
DIY blog Classy Clutter




BWS tips button
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #87
Sweet Sharing Monday Link Partyparty..Twigg studios
Boogieboard Cottage


DIY Vintage Chic

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! They look great. You have to the Graphics Fairy and all her free pieces! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic’s Friday’s Five Features and Fun Festivities. Don’t forget to stop back by this Friday!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful updates! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete