Monday, August 19, 2013

3 boxes- 3 ways

I had 3 wooden boxes from various sale shopping that I wanted to makeover.  I went with 3 different techniques to achieve 3 different looks.


Every box was just a plain wooden box.  I thought I took before photos, but cannot find them.

This cute little box was painted with a duck egg blue.  I added wooden beads for feet, but you could also use wooden spools.  This drawer pull was perfect for this piece.  It was soaked in vinegar and salt to add some patina that matched the blue paint perfectly.
This box was painted with layers of white, duck egg blue, and coral.  Lots of layers with dry brushing, then I added a little chalkboard.
This last one was painted in white then heavily distressed by sanding.  I added 2 handles, for carrying and added interest.
Which one do you like the best?  I took all 3 of these with me to a sale this past weekend, and surprisingly the white distressed on is the one that sold.
What would you do with one of these boxes?

Sharing with:

DIY blog Classy Clutter

mad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[1]
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It SimpleMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #88
party
Sweet Sharing Monday Link Party
Boogieboard Cottage
..Twigg studiosThree Mango Seeds

2 comments:

  1. I think the blue box with the feet is my favorite Sara ~ I'm partial to blue and rusty handles! Congrats on selling the white box too ~ it looks like it was bigger than the others ~ I would probably use it to store my ever mounting craft supplies!! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the boxes. They are so sweet! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete