Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wine sign from a chair back

I posted some Bath signs I made from some broken chair backs before.  I ran across another one and wanted to show you how this one turned out.  It is very different from the first.

Here it is after 1 coat of paint.
I chose this reverse print of a graphic from The Graphics Fairy, then cut it out.
I used mod podge to attach the graphic and also to coat it.  After it dried, I used a wet rag to soak it for a minute then began to peel off the paper, leaving the image behind.

I used some dark antiquing wax to add some age to it.

Sharing with:

livelaughlinky 250x250
Embracing Change Link party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.com

Thursday Favorite Things

2 comments:

  1. what a creative idea!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's beautiful, clever repurposing! Love it! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete