Monday, July 1, 2013

The twins- end table makeover

I found these two lovelies at a garage sale.  I couldn't resist those french lines so they came home with me.  At first I was thinking about doing a French image transfer on them, but after I got to painting, that idea changed.



A little sanding took off any loose finish and I did a small repair on the corner of the one on the right.  It had puppy bite marks or something of the like.
After primer and paint, this is what I had.  The color was a mix of patio grey and sage green.  A nice pretty color that can act as a neutral.
Part stencil, part sketch I drew out an image of cherry blossoms.  I used Magnolia La Craie to paint in the cherry blossoms.
Here are the twins all finished.  Like all twins, they are the same but different.
Have a great day!

Featured at:



Sharing with:




mad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple”MondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #81              HAPPY CANADA DAY!
The Shabby NestFrench Country Cottage

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete