Here is the piano bench I got from a neighbor.
Here is the inside.
The cross bar on the bottom needed to be replaced. It was badly chewed up. I just used some brackets to support it from the bottom. I primed this piece then got to work on the paint layering technique.
I started with a nice layer of this teal color. What is nice about this layering technique is that you don't have to cover anything perfectly. I like that.
I also used a very light sage green/grey color, and some pomegranate red.
I layered and layered with those 3 colors by dry brushing over the 1st base coat until I liked the effect. It was followed by a dark wax.
I like this technique. I can see where I can improve, but I do believe I will try it again. I hope you go out and try something new!
Rain on a Tin roof