Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jewelry box makeover Plus a link party!

I wanted to share with you a little outdated jewelry box that I did a makeover on.  I have to tell you it is so much fun re purposing things.  Once you get started, it is hard to stop.

No doubt this was a cute jewelry box when it first came out, but I had some other ideas for it.
The first thing that had to go was the glass.  Here I am showing you how easy it is to remove.
This here is a worn and rusted planter.  I couldn't bring myself to throw it out.  Tin tiles are way too expensive.  Can you guess where I am going with this?
I painted the jewelry box with La Craie in Magnolia.
After the tin tile was cut out to fit, I used a spray paint (paint and primer in one) to paint the backs of the tin tile.  It went easily into place where I had removed the glass.
I lightly distressed the jewelry box, but it still needed something...
I used the dark antiquing wax from Maison Blanche Paint Company to add some "age".  Then I buffed it.
Here is the finished product.  I like the aged look with the rusty tin tiles.  Just what I was going for.

Ready to link yup your re purposed items?  Let's see what you have been doing.


Be sure to link back to the party for a chance to be featured in next weeks party. 
By linking up you agree to allow Raising Dick and Jane to use your photos with a link to your post on our blog. 

Also: 
- Comment on the hosting blog post
- Follow the Hosts
Thrifty Treasures
Raising Dick and Jane
Sharing with:
HookingupwithHoHlivelaughlinky 250x250
Embracing Change

Thursday Favorite Things
A Peek Into My Paradise

Happy Go Lucky                  http://www.becomingmartha.com
Truly Lovely
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Amazing transformation - quite inspired! It is lovely, I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand this article... You should check http://www.redsn0w.us/ for more
    details

    my web blog ... redsnow download

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating an animated GIF in photoshop is comparatively an easy task to do frame-by-frame.
    You should visit File->New, and pick the size you
    desire, and after click transparency and OK. Images with a
    lot of colors and gradients, you may choose JPEG.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... funny gifs; ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Finding the time and actual effort
    to make a really good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don't seem
    to get nearly anything done.

    my web-site :: Order Aloe Vella (http://blog.maskwa.org/2007/09/maskwa-blog.html)

    ReplyDelete