Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Coffee table makeover

I have been wanting to try some milk paint for a while now.  Well,  I got my chance!  The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company was kind enough to send me some in a beautiful slate color!

I wanted to give it a try right away so I used it on this coffee table I had.

There is no glass in it in this photo, but I do have it.  I had begun cleaning it to prep it.
I mixed some of the milk paint with water, a very easy preparation and painted it with 2 coats.
I decided it had some cute details on it that I wanted to highlight so I went with a two tone look.
I then carried it downstairs to wait for the next show I am doing in a month...forgot to take a nice photo.  Sorry,  too much going on and too lazy to carry it back up.
I lightly distressed some edges and protected it with clear wax.

This paint went on very nicely.  It was smooth and easy to use.  It left no brush marks and I enjoyed working with it.  Not to mention it is green with low VOC!  Gotta love that!

Though the Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company supplied the paint, all opinions are my own.

Sharing with:


Today's Creative Blog
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLPhotobucketThe Scoop

A Lived In Home

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I have tried the Safe Paint too and I love it! You picked a great color.

    ReplyDelete