Tuesday, July 30, 2013

China cabinet- a rustic elegance

It has been a while since I found a piece I just went gaga for.  You know the feeling?  Well, this is one of those.  I found it at a garage sale, and while this piece was my favorite there, I found 3 others you will be seeing in the near future.  I had been waiting for a good find and I hit the jackpot here.

Isn't she purdy?
She is not without faults...
This is nothing some time, patience and wood filler can't handle.
Here you see all the spaces filled in and I did a light sanding over the whole body.
I primed and painted the cabinet in a nice white.  I cut some chicken wire to fit the "window".  I cut some small trim pieces I had to cover the staples and the sharp edges of the wire.
I even painted the inside and shelves.  I left the back for something different.
I went with a rustic back using pallet wood.  I sat on how to attach the wood to the back for a bit.  I didn't want to really put holes in the back of the cabinet and it would not be an easy task without a nail gun anyhow.  What is a girl to do?  Hot glue gun of course!  It worked!
Here is a close up of some of the distressing.

Here she is in place. What is your latest and greatest find?


Featured at:
HGTbtngrey


Sharing with:


Today's Creative Blog
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Crafty Confessions
One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLPhotobucketThe ScoopHGTbtngrey
Madcap Frenzy

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece. Love the pallet wood and chicken wire you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a transformation!! Isn't it amazing what a bit of elbow grease and some paint can do?! I'm visiting from the Brag About It link party.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you gave this piece new life. the boards in the back with the chicken wire are wonderful touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute update! I love that chicken wire in the middle!
    Morgaine @ Madcap Frenzy
    P.S. I would love if you would link up any of your awesome posts at my July Totally Tuesday Link Party: http://madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-totally-tuesday-link-party.html
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I think the chicken wire is such a great touch giving it such a farmhouse style! I'll have to check back to see what your are doing with those 3 other pieces too!! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat way to update the back... and it looks great with the chicken wire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara it turned out just perfect! Thank you for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you went gaga over this piece - it is fantastic - you brought it back to a better life! I am delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again, Sara, I wanted to share that your post will be featured in this week's Home and Garden Thursday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sara! Great find and great job!
    It looks really wonderful.
    Besos from Argentina, Silvina

    ReplyDelete