Tuesday, June 4, 2013

White and elegant

I don't know what it is about white, but I can tell you it is one of my favorite colors for furniture.  It is so crisp and elegant and can brighten up any room.
I picked this desk up at a garage sale, I couldn't resist...could you?
There were a few minor repairs that it needed.  The top middle is not a drawer but that piece was falling out.  Also, some of the veneer needed to be glued.

After the gluing, clamping and drying, I got to painting. Of course, after a good scrubbing.
This is after the chalk painting, but no distressing or waxing.  I was deciding if I should dark wax or clear wax it.

While I was thinking on that, I lined the drawers with mod podge and wrapping paper.  I purchased this particular paper in the $1 section at Target.  Perfect for a project like this.

I decided to go with a light distressing and a clear wax.  I used the knobs I posted about yesterday.

Here is the lined drawer.

You can see how I made these knobs here.

Isn't she lovely?

Sharing with:

PhotobucketOne Project at a Time Link party - ABFOL
Home Stories A2ZFFF
A Lived In Home
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love the knobs that you made as well! Saw you at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - would love to have you check out my blog as well :D
    Blessings,
    Nicole
    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    It turned out very nice and I agree with Nicole - love the knobs you used.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  3. My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on various websites for
    about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way
    I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    my website; cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete