Monday, June 10, 2013

Ruffle tote- End of the year teacher gift

I'm sure you have all seen these before, so I won't get into the details.  I wanted to give my son's teacher something useful.  I love flowers and I know she does too, but I also know lots of people give flowers at the end of the year.
I came up with the ruffle tote.  I made myself one a long time ago and always get compliments on it.  I use it as my library bag.
I started off with this cute bag.  It is just a tote bag my mom got for free, but wasn't using.  It even has a zipper pouch inside.
I selected some fabric from my fabric stash and sewed it in ruffles on the bag. I just fed it under the sewing machine foot with little folds every so often. I also zig zag stitched the bottoms to reduce unraveling.
Here is the finished product.  Something stylish and useful.


Featured at:


 photo grabbutton1_zps75334788.png
Sharing with:


mad-skills-button_thumb2
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It SimpleMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #78 photo grabbutton1_zps75334788.png>

7 comments:

  1. Sara,
    I actually had not seen this. I've seen the ruffle bags made from scratch, which I love, but not on a used tote. I love it! My husband is always bringing home totes from conference with "not-so-cute" logos. :) Thanks for sharing. Saw you on Mad Skills party. I posted something as well. I'd love for you to visit my blog if you have time.
    Gina
    http://ginascraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your blog so much! I would love if you followed my blog :)
    oneofakind-kikistok.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Kiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'd love to have you share this at What to do Weekends Party. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/06/what-to-do-weekends-party-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thanks for sharing that AWESOME bag!!!!! Thanks so much for coming over to What to do weekends. Hope that you will return and show what you are making. You helped make it a diverse resource for weekend entertainment. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you just took a bag you already had an added the ruffles! Great use of something laying around and its so pretty now!
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    Oh and just to let you know I've got a Photobook giveaway from Smilebooks going on this week. Three winners will each get a free photobook valued up to $300 each!! Come on over... low entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely idea for a teacher gift. We should give something different and they should always remember our children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to let you know that I'm featuring you this week and your pretty bag. Beautiful. Please link up again this week with your awesome posts. Linda

    ReplyDelete