Thursday, May 9, 2013

What can I make with a mirror support?


Forgive me for not remembering where I saw this idea.  I searched and searched but could not find it, if anyone knows who to give credit to, please let me know! 
So, this past weekend while out at garage sales, I ran across a mirror support (not sure what you call it) that used to hold a mirror on a dresser.  No mirror, so the piece was begging to be made into something new.
I love the detail and, of course, the chippy white paint!  All it needed was a little ledge to be made into a wall table.
I had a long piece of wood that came off a futon.
If you look closely, you can see a groove in the wood.  Lucky for me, the mirror support fit perfectly into the groove!  All I had to do was cut it to size and attach it.
I simply put 3 finishing nails in the top to hold it in place, stained the ends to match and it was good to go.  Attached to the wall in our hallway, is where she sits now.  The same day I found this one, I also found one more.  Would you make the same thing?  Any other ideas?

Sharing with:
Embracing Change

3 comments:

  1. Just the thing! I bought a chiffarobe that had a mirror and spindled mirror support thrown in, but the mirror obviously didn't go with the chiffarobe. I used the chiffarobe for toy containment and the large mirror was hung above my fireplace, but what to do with the support? Now I know! Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea for that spare piece - love how you created a space!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fantastic idea - the mirror support - it has wonderful lines - well done! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete