Friday, May 10, 2013

Vintage chic cabinet

A friend of mine was cleaning out her garage and offered me this cute vintage cabinet.
Don't you just love it when that happens?  She thought I could do something awesome with it...no pressure or anything!  Well, I hope I don't disappoint her.
I tossed ideas around in my head and got to work.
I gave it 2 coats of diy chalk paint in beach house blue.  I decided to add some fun to the top.
I used a stencil I cut out on card stock to paint the flowers on.  This stencil, along with a lot of other awesome patterns, can be found at All Things Thrifty.

Still vintage, but with a flair!  I protected this cabinet with clear wax.
I hope you all have a great Mother's Day weekend!  I will see you on Monday.
Sharing with:
Photobucket
FFF
Rooted In Thyme

4 comments:

  1. What a great transformation! I have been interested in mid-century pieces, since I helped my son decorated a new house last year. This piece was a great gift - I love the lines of it. Also, loved the color that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This very creative! Love it! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful makeover! I love how it turned out! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. a flair indeed! great makeover on this vintage cabinet!
    gail

    ReplyDelete