Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher appreciation day gifts

I like to make a little something special for Teacher Appreciation Day.  I tried my hand at winter sowing this year and am very happy with the results.  I winter sowed some Hibiscus along with vegetables for my garden.  If you know anything about hibiscus plants, they get very big.  I succeeded in growing 7 of these.  I don't need 7 at my house, so they will be used on this special day.
I made miniature dragon flies out of small spindles and drawer hardware I had lying around.  I drilled a small hole into the bottom and inserted a metal stake.  It is held together with gorilla glue and protected with clear spray.  What do you do for Teacher Appreciation Day?

Sharing with:
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They turned out beautiful! What a lovely idea. Im going to be on the lookout for supplies now. :)

    ReplyDelete