Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shimmery coral table

Hello all!  Don't you just love garage sale season?  So far this year I have found a few small items, but I am still itching for a great find that has me excited.

This end table is so cute and only needed some paint to freshen it up.
 After a good cleaning, I prepared some diy chalk paint in coral.  The last coral end table I painted received such rage reviews, I wanted to use it again.  Also, I have been stuck in a blue rut lately if you haven't noticed.
This is what it looked like after I was finished with the painting, but it still needed something.
I finally settled on making her shine with some Organza Shimmer Coat.
I rubbed it on and buffed it right away until I was happy with the shimmer.
  Don't you think she is glamorous? Oh, but wait!  I'm not done yet! Yesterday I showed you how to make a large image for stencil use.  Here I will show you how I used it on this table. 

You can see how I am filling in the traced image with some black paint. 
I ended up going over it one more time.


Protected with some wipe on polywhey she is good to go.

Sharing with:
Made to be a Momma
 
http://www.familyhomeandlife.com
 

2 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful. I love the color and that shimmer coat is amazing.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux!

    ReplyDelete