Someone must have been jumping on the ottoman...a lot!
I cut off the top cushion to get a look at the springs. 3 of the 4 had come undone. I tried to snap them back into the metal brace that holds them, but they could pop back out easily. I tried to re bend them, but that wasn't happening either. What they needed was something to stop them from sliding out.
I drilled some screws behind the bracket, so it couldn't slip out of place. This made the springs very sturdy.
Some fabric was stapled over the springs to help support the foam.
Pull the fabric away from the corner like this.
Cut off some of the excess fabric, leaving enough for you to work with.
Take on side and tuck it under the other side, securing it with staples.
Pull the remaining fabric tight while folding any excess fabric under and staple it in place.
Next I stitched up the corners to secure them and help them lay flat. The stitch I am showing you here, helps to hid any thread. You could sew a slip cover on a sewing machine, but sometimes this method works nicely for me.
Here is a corner all stitched up.
The bun feet were painted white and put back on to complete the transformation.
This fun, brightly colored print will add a nice pop of color to any nursery or living room.