Thursday, May 30, 2013

Painting a vintage clock

My husband and I have an appreciation for clocks.  When I ran across this one, I wasn't sure we could get it to work.  After tinkering with it, my husband fixed it.  Hooray!

Such pretty lines!  If I couldn't get the clock to function, it was going to be gutted and turned into a shadow box.  I am glad it works, though.
After some diy chalk paint, distressing and waxing, this is what I got.

I am very happy with the result!  Now, it's your turn!  Go paint a clock or find a new purpose for an old broken one.  I would love to see what you come up with.

Sharing with:
Beyond The Picket Fence
Embracing Change HookingupwithHoH

2 comments:

  1. Very classic and pretty. Very nice project!
    Thanks for sharing at the party!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this clock, the details are amazing. The paint makes it so Shabby Chic! Love it. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete