Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to make a large stencil or pattern

Many times you see people using a projector to enlarge an image so they can trace it.  This makes it easy to transfer that image to a large piece of furniture, like the front of a dresser.  What if you don't have a projector?  I have seen people make one, but I don't want to get into that.
The reason I am bringing this up is because I was really wanting to do a large stencil on a project I am working on, but I am too frugal to buy a large stencil, and too lazy to make a projector.
I got to thinking how I could make this work, then I remembered a site I ran across while we were redecorating my sons room.  He wanted a star wars theme and we wanted to put some posters on the wall.

Let's get to the point shall we?

Find any jpeg image you want to make larger.  For this project it was a damask I found free at Guild Mistress.

Go to Block Posters and follow the steps to print off your "poster" of the image you want.  You can then put it together and make a large poster, like we did for my sons room, or you can use it to make a large stencil.


I printed it off an this is how it looks. 

If you want your image even larger, it can be done.  This website lets you pick the size.  How awesome is that?  Easy peasy.  The best part about this site is it's FREE!  Who doesn't love free?

For me, I am not going to take the time to cut out the stencil, but am going to use the pencil method to transfer this image onto my project.  You can learn in detail about this method here.

You will have to come back tomorrow to see how my finished project turns out!  Until then, have a great day!


Sharing with:
one project link party-5


1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm visiting from VMG206.

    ReplyDelete