I went with it and took the top off to find particle board underneath. *frown*
Here is a look at the bottom of the dresser from the inside after I added a board to attach legs to. It didn't really have anything that would be stable, so I went with a full sized board cut to fit perfectly.
Here is a look from the bottom. I attached some legs I made. The legs were from the headboard I cut apart to make the coat rack shelf.
I attached the legs using the same method I used when I showed you in detail "how to attach legs to furniture". EXCEPT this time I used a T-nut because I had access to the other side of the board.
It is a simpler method, but you cannot always use it.
Cute legs, huh?
To add even more detail to this dresser, I used the top and the bottom drawer.
Used a stencil to add...
Glacage just to a portion of the stencil in the top corners of the top drawer and the bottom corners of the bottom drawer.
I filled in the holes with wood filler, and prepped for painting.
I painted it a beautiful aqua blue using diy chalk paint. Drawer pulls were added to the center of each drawer.
The detail I added with the Glacage was lightly sanded to help them stand out.
The dresser was protected using Vermont Natural Coating wipe on polywhey.
On the top of the dresser, I used a coordinating fabric to cover the particle board. I did this using mod podge. I sprayed over the fabric with some clear coat spray paint.
There it is. A dressed up dresser.