Monday, May 13, 2013

How to clean an outdoor rug

When you get hand-me-downs or second hand finds you can find your things in need of some tlc.  Such was the case with this outdoor rug.  It had some green mildew stains on it from lack of sunshine.

 I did some research on how to clean an outdoor rug, but all I found was using bleach.  I am not a fan of bleach.  The smell, the way it ruins everything I use it on (I am bleach incompetent) was not to my liking.  I did a little search in my cleaning supplies and this is what I came up with.


I sprayed it on the spots and scrubbed a little.  Repeat then rinse with a hose.  By the time the sun was done drying it, all the spots disappeared.  What's great about this product is that it is supposed to prevent it from reappearing. Only time will tell.

Now maybe I will paint a pattern on it...hmmm.

Sharing with:
Skip To My LouMonday2 Make the Scene Monday # 74
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

5 comments:

  1. Cautious vacuuming is usually a must with this sort of rug, given that a effective vacuum can loosen the threads that hold the braids together.

    Rug Cleaning Brisbane | Rug Cleaning Sunshine Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sant Ritz is more than just a home. Its combination of condominium status with
    contemporary ville living.the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an innovative solution! I should try that myself should something happen to my rug. For now, I've got a great rug cleaner that does the trick, and really well too! I hope the spots on your rug really have stayed away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a tougher deal with the outdoor rugs. Not only are they exposed to more aberrant elements such as dust particles and smog, they fulfill a dual function of keeping the indoors clean, by carrying all the mess and stains on its behalf, and receiving all the muck that people would leave from their shoes from the way in and out. This is why a lot of folks have a different set of footwear for indoors and outdoors. All that exposure makes it all the more urgent need to always wash and maintain them, fabric by fabric, periodically.

    Dallas Rug Cleaner

    ReplyDelete

  5. تعتبر  ركن نجد افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض حيث تعتمد تقنيات التنظيف لدينا علي استخدام التقنية الحديثة متمثلة في استخدام ماكينات تنظيف الارضيات وكذلك احدث الات تنظيف واجهات المنازل و تنظيف شقق بالرياض وماكينات جلي وتلميع حديثة بالاضافة الى مهارة وخبرة كبيرة لموظفي الشركة في تنظيف المنازل كافضل شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض أذا كنتى تعانى من أعمال التنظيف االممله والصعبه فشركة ركن نجد توفر عليكى الوقت والمجهود حيث تقوم تنظيف شقق بالرياض بتقديم الخدمه بجوده ودقه عاليه تعيد منزلك الى جماله مهما كان حجمه أو شكله .
    تنظيف بيوت
    تنظيف منازل بالرياض

    ReplyDelete