It needed some spring repair a few years back.
Also, see that lighter circle on the arm? There were holes that had to be filled to cover the screws that were showing. I tried to stain it, but you can still see it. With all these repairs, I guess I don't feel that guilty painting it.
After tearing off the fabric, I went with a diy chalk paint in black.
I laid the fabric over the chair and cut the Y slits at each of the 2 arm and the 2 back spindles. I then stapled the fabric to the rocker all the way around.
I hot glued the trim on to cover the staples. Black trim blends nicely and doesn't take any attention for itself.
I did some light distressing with sand paper to add to the age appeal. Instead of breaking out the stain, I opted for a furniture repair marker. Easy, less messy and no stink. Gotta love it!
Nice, but still classic. I love how it turned out.
A close up of some of the distressing. I hope you all have a great Memorial Weekend! I will see you back on Tuesday!