Monday, May 20, 2013

Glider- basic to chevron

Gliders can be found easily at most garage sales, craigslist, or a friend.  Today I am going to share with you how I refinished a glider for a client.  She requested the colors and I got to work.

Behold, your basic glider.  After tightening her up, I cleaned and lightly sanded all the wood.  (Pardon the mess in the garage)
Here is the paint swatch she gave me, so I mixed colors together til I got the right shade.  I think it came out great!  This color is in her kitchen and she wanted to bond the kitchen and attached living room together.  Can you guess what color her living room is accented in?
Yes, red!  We combined the two together and get this fun glider.  I made a simple cushion to go with the glider.  Wow, is this picture bad.  Sorry.

Sharing with:

Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #75
Boogieboard CottageSumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple
”Monday

2 comments:

  1. How fun! The chevron print is great! Would love to have you come link this up to my party and follow along. http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2013/05/get-social-sunday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! love that color combination :)

    ReplyDelete