Tuesday, May 28, 2013

French Mail Box

I found this little box for cheap at a garage sale.  I have been wanting to do some shabby French things and this seemed like the perfect item to get started.
Cute but a little...not my style.  The curvy details are perfect, though.
I found a French post card at The Graphics Fairy that I used, just for the words.  I printed it in reverse then used my goo gone technique like I used on my French Box.
I rubbed it with a spoon until I couldn't any longer. 
With this writing, some of the parts of the letters were so thin that they didn't really show up at all, so what does a diyer do?  A sharpie of course!  I went over it lightly with a sharpie.
I had this little applique that I made with plaster.  I glued it on with E6000 then painted over it.
Now it can hang where we put our keys so it can hold the mail.  You know that mail pile that seems to just move from here to there?  Well, now it can have it's own decorative place!

Sharing with:
 PhotobucketMonday2 Make the Scene Monday # 76
A Lived In Home

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for taking the time to share your post on our BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday. We love your creativity and hope to see you again soon. xo Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete