Friday, May 3, 2013

French box

A couple of years ago, my husband brought home a bunch of cigar boxes for me.  Don't you just love it when they do stuff like that? Most of them were made over, but this one was left untouched as it housed my glue sticks and my glue gun.
I thought it was about time for a makeover.  I had some white diy chalk paint left over from my primitive bench makeover so I thought I would put it to good use.
I picked out this French script from The Graphics Fairy and put it on.  You know how I did it? 
  1. I printed it in the backwards version
  2. centered it on the box
  3. rubbed goo gone over the paper, just where the writing was
  4. rubbed the back of a spoon around until I got the finish I desired.
I came up with this idea after seeing that you could use paint thinner to transfer the print to fabric.  I thought, why not goo gone?  If it doesn't work, it certainly will not hurt.  With this technique you will get a faded image.
With a tiny bit of distressing, the box is all finished.  I am not sure what I am going to use to keep my glue gun and sticks in now...this box is too cute.

Featured at:

Sharing with: 
Rooted In Thyme
 
The Shabby NestBrag About It | Tuesday Linky Party | No. 3

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! I haven't heard of using goo gone.I'm visiting you today from My Romantic Home. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesdays and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara, Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful project with our readers and linky fans at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT party. Hope to see you again soon! Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really inspired along with your writing talents and also with the format in your blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a great weblog like this one today..

    Here is my web-site :: Pure GCE Extract Description: The medial side effects seem to be narrowed to being nauseas

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great project! I wanted to let you know that VMG206 will be featuring you today on BRAG ABOUT IT!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful DIY. I would love for you to link up with me at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not
    seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
    Many thanks!

    Stop by my website: Power Precision Muscle building

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing
    this one. A must read article!

    Look at my website: younger look

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do agree with all of the concepts you have introduced in your post.
    They are really convincing and can certainly work.
    Still, the posts are too brief for novices. Could you please prolong them
    a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.


    Look into my webpage; Garcinia Cambogia Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are going for most excellent contents like I do, only visit this
    web page daily because it offers quality contents,
    thanks

    my page :: Order Grow XL

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you desire to get much from this paragraph then you have to apply such methods to
    your won webpage.

    My homepage: Order Pure GCE

    ReplyDelete